What time do I need to be on the ship?
Do not miss the ship! The check-in window at the Port of Los Angeles is from 11:30AM to 3:00PM PST. Royal Caribbean requires all guests to be checked-in and be onboard the ship no later than 2:30 PM PST (90 minutes prior to the published sailing time of 4:00pm) or they will not be permitted to sail.
Please remember to complete your Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to your cruise.
Port of Los Angeles Information
San Pedro World Cruise Terminal
100 Swinford Street
San Pedro, CA 90731
- LONG BEACH AIRPORT (LBG)
- Approximately 14 miles (25 minutes) from Port of Los Angeles
- LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (LAX)
- Approximately 22 miles (35 min) from Port of Los Angeles
- JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT (SNA)
- Approximately 35 miles (1 hour) from Port of Los Angeles
Don’t miss the boat! We recommend that you plan ahead to be at the port by noon. If you arrive at the port after 3:00 PM you will not make it on the cruise (and there are no refunds!).
Parking is available for $18 a day. No reservations are required. A shuttle is offered to the cruise ship terminals.
For Parking information at the port, please visit their website:
Port of Los Angeles
FLIGHTS & TRANSFERS
Flight Arrivals (Before the Cruise):
If you are booking a flight to and from Los Angeles we suggest that you consider arriving a day or two earlier so that you can take advantage of the local attractions in LA. This also helps to avoid potential flight delays, baggage collection and transfer problems that could occur.
If you are flying in the day of the cruise (Monday), we recommend that you book a flight that arrives at Los Angeles International Airport no later than 11:00am PT.
All passengers must be checked-in and on the ship by 3:00 PM.
Flight Departures (After the Cruise):
Return flights should be arranged to leave Los Angeles after 12:00 PM. Although we will be back in Los Angeles around 6:00 AM, the ship must be cleared by US Customs first, and the debarkation and custom’s process might take some time. The earliest you can be off the ship is around 7:00 AM. All guests must be off the ship by 9:00 AM.
Transportation from the Airport to the Cruise Port:
Please make sure you are at the port in time when arranging transportation from the airport to the cruise port.
You have several choices, please see below:
1. Taxi service (or Uber, Lyft, etc…):
Long Beach Airport: Approximately $20 each way (Uber/Lyft) and $50 each way (Taxi)
Los Angeles International Airport: Approximately $40 each way (Uber/Lyft) and $70 each way (Taxi) – Rates subject to change
We recommend a Taxi, Uber or Lyft as these are the cheapest, fastest, and most convenient transportation options to get to the port. Shuttles are usually more expensive if traveling with friends (priced per person) and slower as you have to make several stops at the different terminals.
2. Shuttle Service Companies:
HOTELS IN LOS ANGELES
We recommend that you consider coming in a day early before the cruise or staying one or two days after the cruise to experience all that LA has to offer. Arriving a day early also helps reduce the chance of missing the ship due to unexpected flight delays or cancellations.
There are many hotels near the port including:
What to Pack
Bathing suit and sunscreen are obvious – Here’s a few recommendations:
- Pack everything you need for the first day in a small carry-on bag and bring it on with you (cruise documents, passport/ID/birth certificate, bathing suit, sandals, toiletries, medicine, etc…). You might not get your checked bag until 7:00 PM on the first day.
- Passport, ID, travel documents. DO NOT PACK YOUR PASSPORT/PHOTO ID/BIRTH CERTIFICATE/CRUISE DOCUMENTS IN YOUR CHECKED LUGGAGE. Keep these on you at all times until you are on board the ship.
- Pack a couple of casual outfits (don’t forget shoes) for dinner, the nightclub and other venues.
- Pack a semi-formal outfit for the “Wear Your Best” night (3rd night).
- Don’t forget your sandals and a cover-up/t-shirt.
- Bring a small beach bag for when we get off the ship (or get yourself a CPC Merch Pack).
- Bring some cash for when we’re off the ship in Nassau (US Dollars are used – no need to exchange currency).
- Bring some sneakers if you want to go to the gym, rock-climbing, etc…
- Leave your alcohol (liquor) at home. They will check your luggage and will confiscate any liquor they see.
- Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only in their carry-on luggage on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom.
If you forget anything, there are shops on-board.