We recommend for everyone to purchase travel insurance. A small investment now will save you a headache later on when something unexpected comes up. So why should you bother purchasing travel insurance?
Good question! We have 3 answers for you:
- PROTECT YOUR CRUISE PAYMENT: The cruise has cancellation penalties that will increase the closer we get to the sail date – Royal Caribbean will NOT waive these penalties even in extenuating circumstances like being in the hospital or having a death in the family. Nothing makes us feel worse that giving you the bad news of how much money you will lose when you contact us trying to cancel your cruise. Travel Insurance will protect you from these cancellation penalties/fees (for a valid reason like sickness, job loss, etc…).
- PROTECT YOURSELF (HEALTH INSURANCE): Your regular health insurance may only cover you within the US, you may not be covered while you are in the Bahamas or at sea. Although a cruise is probably the safest vacation you can partake on, injuries can happen… keep in mind that you will be paying emergency room prices if you have to take a trip down to the ship’s medical facility. Travel Insurance can cover these costs.
- IT’S CHEAP: Travel insurance is very affordable (in most cases around $40 per person) – there is no reason why anyone should go without it. You will be asked if you want to purchase travel insurance when you book.
Ignite Cruises and CPC have teamed up with Travel Guard to offer affordable travel insurance with great coverage. Please see below for a brief description of coverage.
Preferred Plan Brief Description of Coverage
Coverage may not be available in all states.
For questions regarding coverage, services or to file a claim please call 1.800.826.4919.
We understand that your trip can take a year to save for, but only a second to ruin. While you can’t do anything to prevent an unexpected storm from closing the airport, you can do something to help cover your travel investment.
For a complete Certificate of Insurance with up-to-date coverage details, please CLICK HERE
- 100% Trip Cost Trip Cancellation & 150% Trip Cost Trip Interruption
Reimburses nonrefundable, unused payments or deposits if you must cancel or interrupt your trip due to an illness, injury, or death of you, a family member, traveling companion or business partner or other covered reasons.
- $750 Trip Interruption – Return Air Only
Reimburses the additional airline transportation expenses incurred by you to reach the return destination for trip interruptions due to one of the Unforeseen events shown in the Trip Interruption section.
- $750 Trip Delay
Reimburses up to $150 per day for reasonable additional expenses until travel becomes possible if your trip is delayed for more than 5 hours due to covered reasons.
- $250 Missed Connection
Reimburses you if Inclement Weather or Common Carrier causes cancellation or a delay of regularly scheduled airline flights for three or more hours to your point of departure.
- $1,000 Baggage & Personal Effects
Reimburses you if your luggage is lost, damaged, or stolen while on your trip.
- $300 Baggage Delay
Reimburses you for the purchase of necessary personal effects if your bags are delayed for more than 12 hours.
- $25,000 Accident Sickness Medical Expense
Pays for medical expenses incurred while on a trip.
- $500,000 Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains
Covers evacuation expenses as directed by a physician to the nearest adequate medical facility or home in the event of death or if medically required.
- $10,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Pays for loss of life and limb if it occurs within 365 days of an accident during your trip
(when coverage is purchased within 15 days of Initial Trip Payment)
- Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion Waiver (Limitations apply)
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption coverage due to Financial Default of an airline, cruise line, or tour operator. (Financial default is not covered for all suppliers. Please visit www.travelguard.com/customerservice/alertlist/ for details.)
- Missed Connection benefit increases to $500
- $50,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Common Carrier Air Only
- Medical Expense (Primary)
The following will be included if elected and appropriate costs have been paid.
- Cancel for Any Reason
The Company will reimburse 50% of nonrefundable expenses if you cancel your Trip for any reason, up to 48 hours prior to your departure. (Cancel for any Reason can only be purchased at the time the base plan is purchased and within 15 days of initial trip payment. Coverage must be purchased for the full cost of trip.)
- Emergency Evacuation Upgrade
Evacuation benefit limit will double.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Common Carrier Air Only
Coverage for accidental death or dismemberment that occurs when traveling on a regularly scheduled flight or charter. Amount selected from the minimum of $100,000 up to a maximum of $500,000
- Car Rental Collision Coverage
$35,000 in primary coverage, subject to a $250 deductible. Covers physical damage to a rental car for which the car rental contract would hold you responsible. (Coverage is not available to residents of Kansas or Texas.)
* Optional coverages cannot be purchased separately and may vary by state.
- Travel Medical Assistance**
A menu of services available for emergency medical requests, including prescription replacement, physician referrals, medical evacuations, and more.
- Worldwide Travel Assistance**
Assistance with any travel emergency or request for general travel information, including lost, stolen or delayed baggage; replacing lost passport or travel documents; emergency cash transfers; pre-trip travel advice; inoculation information; and more.
- LiveTravel® Emergency Services**
Dedicated LiveTravel® counselors available to help with any travel request, including flight or hotel rebookings, rental car reservations, roadside assistance, and more.
- Concierge Service**
Whatever you need, whenever, or wherever you need it, you can call on your own personal assistant to help. Services include tee time reservations, restaurant referrals and reservations, wireless device assistance, sporting or theater tickets, and more. If you need it, we’ll find it for you.
- Identity Theft Assistance** (Not available to NY residents)
If personal information is stolen, emergency travel counselors will assist in contacting credit card companies, monitoring credit reports and working with local authorities to help with Identity restoration.
- Business Assistant**
You’ll also have access to an array of services to help make short work of your business obligations, so you can enjoy your vacation.
- Personal Security Assistance
Assistance to help maintain personal safety and personal information while traveling. Services include evacuation assistance, 24/7 access to security and safety advisories and more.
** Non-insurance services are provided by Travel Guard.