Before You Book
- What are the age requirements? What is the drinking age?
- Do I need a passport?
- What’s included when you book CPC? What’s not included?
- How does the drink package work?
- Do you offer group or military discounts?
- Is the entire ship Spring Breakers?
- I booked through a travel agent or through Royal Caribbean, what is the difference?
- We are booking multiple cabins as part of a group, how can we get cabins next to each other?
- What are the dates? Can I book a different cruise?
- How much is this cruise?
- I plan on taking a flight. When should I plan to arrive and depart from Miami?
- When should I plan on arriving at the port for my cruise?
- Do you have to be a student in college to book?
- Do you offer a roommate match for solo travelers?
- How much is my deposit and when is my final payment due?
- Will a cruise ever be modified or cancelled?
- Can I book last minute?
- What should I pack?
- What is travel insurance? Do I need it?
- Can the cruise line accommodate passengers with special needs (allergy, dietary, mobility, or any other special assistance needs)?
- Do I need a passport?
- What information will I need to book a cruise?
- How do I book the cruise?
- Can we split the payment?
- How does the deposit and final payment work?
- How can I make a payment or update my credit card information for my future payments?
- Does booking through College Party Cruise cost more than booking through the cruise-line
- Are Shore Excursions available?
- What if I need to cancel my cruise?
- When will I receive my cruise documents?
On Board and General Cruise Questions
- How do I find the onboard events?
- How do I pay for on board expenses?
- Can I bring alcohol or other drinks on the ship?
- What are the tipping guidelines?
- Do many passengers get seasick?
- Can I stay in touch with the outside? Is there Wi-Fi?
Questions and Answers:
Before You Book
What are the age requirements? What is the drinking age?
To book: You must be over the age of 18, AND one person in your cabin MUST be 21 years old by the date of sailing.
Alcohol: The drinking age ON-BOARD the ship is 21 at all times (regardless of it being in “international waters”). All cruise-lines that depart from a US Port follow US Federal Law (21+ drinking age on their ships).
- Drinking age ASHORE (OFF THE SHIP) in Nassau is 18.
- Drinking age in CocoCay (Royal Caribbean’s private island) is 21.
- If you turn 21 during the trip, you may order bar beverages after verifying your age, on your birthday, at the Guest Services desk with your identification.
Casino: 18 and up to gamble. There are no age restrictions to enter the club, bars, and other venues on board the ship (18+)
Do I need a passport?
United States Citizens: You will require a valid proof of citizenship, this could be ONE of the following:
- A Passport (recommended)
- An ORIGINAL (or state-certified copy) birth certificate together with a government issued photo ID.
United States Permanent Residents: You MUST have the following travel documentation:
- United States Permanent Resident Card AND passport from your home country (in most cases).
All Other Nationalities: You MUST have the following travel documentation:
- Passport from your home country AND multiple entry United States visa (if applicable).
These are just guidelines to help you get started. This information can change at any time without notice. Please call US Citizenship and Immigration Services at 1-800-375-5283 to be sure your identification will be satisfactory. Please view the latest information from the cruise line here: Detailed Documentation Requirements For more details, to apply for a passport and other country requirements, please visit www.travel.state.gov.
What’s included when you book CPC? What’s not included?
Included in the price:
- All meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Complimentary dining options include the main dining rooms, a help-yourself buffet and a variety of casual cafés, grills and on-the-go choices. Non-carbonated drinks like lemonade, juice, coffee, tea, etc… are included. (See Dining Details).
- Round trip cruise and accommodations from Miami to the Bahamas
- Use of the cruise-ship amenities such as: the pools (3) and hot tubs (6), casino, Flowrider surf simulator, ice-skating rink, health and fitness center, rock climbing wall, laser tag, bungee trampolines, mini golf, full sized basketball/volleyball court, all lounges, and much more.
- All entertainment: Nightclubs, music, live bands, comedy shows, karaoke, Las Vegas style production shows, deck parties and more.
- Taxes and Port Fees – Government Taxes/Fees are included in our prices so there are no surprises. We do not charge any booking fees (ADDED AT BOOKING).
- Exclusive CPC Tank-top, lanyard, and key-card holder!
- Exclusive CPC Group Wristband – entitles you to free access to our PRIVATE events and give-aways on-board the ship and be recognized by others from our group wearing the same wristband. You will also have access to discounts at select bars OFF the ship (i.e: Fat Tuesday’s, Senor Frogs) by showing your wristband.
- Donation to Kids in Need Foundation
- Alcoholic beverages, beer, wine, soda, bottled water. Unlimited drink packages are available. (See Drink Package Details)
- Gratuities for the ships staff ($14.50 per night). These gratuities are split up between your room attendant and dining room waiters (added to your on-board cruise account)
- Specialty themed restaurants
- Pre-Cruise or Post-cruise Hotels
- Ground Transportation
- Travel Insurance
How does the drink package work?
Non-carbonated drinks such as lemonade, iced tea, juices, coffee, tea, and filtered water are included in your cruise. Specialty drinks such as alcoholic beverages, cocktails, beer, wine, soda, and bottled water are not included in the cruise price. You are free to purchase these a la carte off the menu. In average drinks are priced as follows: alcoholic drinks $9, beers $7, sodas $3, bottled water $2.50… this is when Drink Packages come in handy. The unlimited alcohol package allows guests to enjoy as many cocktails, beers, and other alcoholic drinks as they want for a fixed daily price (as low as $59 per night). If you plan on drinking more than 5-6 drinks per day, we definitely recommend a drink package; otherwise, if you don’t plan on drinking that much or if you will be under 21, save the money now that the drink packages are completely optional (and not added to the cruise price as in previous years). SEE DRINK PACKAGE DETAILS AND HOW TO PURCHASE HERE
Do you offer group or military discounts?
We reserve hundreds of cabin space a year in advance to obtain the most favorable group rates from the cruise line. Because CPC is registered as a group itself, everyone that books through us, whether its a group of 4 people or 100 people, receives our group pricing. The cruise line will not combine any additional discounts, so military discounts are not available either. If you do have a big group (MINIMUM OF 8 CABINS), you might be interested in being a group leader to earn some cash. Take a look at our reps/promoters page: http://www.collegepartycruise.com/campus-reps for more information. Limited time offers/sales might be held at any time. Announcements will be posted on social media and our website. Generally, the earlier you book, the more you will save.
Is the entire ship Spring Breakers?
Although we will have tons of Spring Breakers on board, as we have done in our previous 4 years, the entire ship is not chartered and regular guests will be on-board. With a capacity of 3500+ people, cruises are basically small cities. Just like a small city, there will be all different sorts of demographics, and the cruise line has venues and events that cater to these different demographics. I.e: You will not find families in the adults only areas. In addition, our CPC Private Events are open only to our spring break group. Depending on your Spring Break week, you can expect there to be as many as 1,000+ Spring Breakers just in our group.
Why not charter the ship to make it all Spring Breakers? We have the option to charter the entire ship to make it Spring Breakers only, but we decided against it. Why? Chartering would double the prices! Doing this cruise as a large group helps keeps the prices low compared to if we were to charter the whole cruise-ship. We’ve surveyed our 10,000+ past guests, and 90% of them would rather keep the cruise as we do it instead of chartering the ship (which would double the prices). As nice as it would be to charter the ship, it just is not possible for spring break as we must keep the cruise prices college friendly – or there would be no College Party Cruise at all!
I booked through a travel agent or through Royal Caribbean, what is the difference?
If you book through a travel agency (like Expedia, your own travel agent, etc…) OR through Royal Caribbean, you will be on the same ship as us. However, you will NOT be part of our group and you will NOT be able to attend our private events on the ship and ashore. Also, since our prices are based on group pricing, most of our pricing will be cheaper compared to everyone else… so why would you go elsewhere to book? If you have already booked, you may cancel your reservation and re-book with us -OR- you may be able to transfer your reservation to us. Bookings originally booked directly through Royal Caribbean may be transferred to us within 60 days from the date of creation. The transfer request must be made outside of the Final Payment period and the booking cannot be paid in full. Please contact us as soon as possible for instructions.
We are booking multiple cabins as part of a group, how can we get cabins next to each other?
Since cabins are assigned on a first come first served basis, this will all depend on availability. There is a “Special Requests” section (at checkout) where you can put down the names of your friends that you want to be next to. You will need to book the same cabin category and occupancy in order for this to be possible. We also suggest for your group to book the cabins back to back (or at least book on the same day) to ensure that other reservations do not take the neighboring cabins. Please note that any special requests for cabin location CAN NOT be guaranteed due to availability or promotional pricing restrictions that allow us to offer the lowest cruise prices. In these cases, you would be assigned a GTY (Guaranteed) cabin, this means that the cruise line will choose your cabin assignment (within the category you have booked or better) similarly to how a hotel assigns you a room at check-in.
What are the dates? Can I book a different cruise?
We host CPC on the 3 main weeks when most Colleges and Universities are on Spring Break:
- Week 1: March 02 – 06, 2020
- Week 2: March 09 – 13, 2020
- Week 2: March 16 – 20, 2020
If you have an early/late Spring Break week we offer other cruises, please see: More Cruises
How much is this cruise?
For the latest pricing for your sail week please see: http://www.collegepartycruise.com/pricing All pricing is PER person for the entire cruise. Cruise prices vary by date of sailing and are based on availability. We have a limited number of cabins at our promotional pricing, once our promotional pricing sells out, the prices will be exactly the same as the cruise-line prices. In order to be part of our group you MUST book through our website. If you book through the cruise-line or a travel agent, you will not be part of our group and will not be able to join our private events. We do not charge you any extra to get all of our benefits or to be part of our group. REMEMBER:The earlier you book, the more you save. Put down your deposit to lock in prices before they go up. Prices are always subject to change and are based on availability.
I plan on taking a flight. When should I plan to arrive and depart from Miami?
Arrival: We recommend that you arrive at Miami International Airport (MIA) or Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL) no later than 10:30 AM on the day of sailing. Boarding time is between 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM. If you arrive at the port after 2:30 PM you will risk not making it on the cruise!
When should I plan on arriving at the port for my cruise?
All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 2:30 PM EST (2 hours prior to the published sailing time) or they will not be permitted to sail.
Do you have to be a student in college to book?
CPC consists of mostly students in college; however, it is not a requirement to be a student in order to book. Young professionals and even grad students that need a vacation and want to experience Spring Break again are welcome!
Please note: Although anybody can book the cruise, CPC Sale/Group Pricing applies to spring breakers between the ages of 18-29 only. We reserve the right to ask for student status otherwise before confirming a reservation at our CPC Group Price.
Do you offer a roommate match for solo travelers?
Are you traveling solo and need to find a roommate? Or do you need to find an extra person to help share the costs of your cabin? We are here to help! Although we cannot assign random roommates, we’ve create a Facebook group to help you meet up with other fellow solo travelers and find a room or roommate for our cruise! You can find our Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cpcroommates
How much is my deposit and when is my final payment due?
We require a deposit for each cruise booking to reserve your cabin space and price. Deposit amounts are $125 per person. We also have monhtly payment plans available. Full payment is due 90 days prior to the sailing date; any remaining balances on this date will be automatically charged to the credit card used originally for payment. Payments can be made by Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. If you book within 90 days of sailing, full payment is required at the time of reservation. You can also split the payment between each guest in your cabin during the booking process. Please see your payment options HERE
Will a cruise ever be modified or cancelled?
The safety and satisfaction of guests is always the #1 concern of the cruise line. The cruise line may modify, change or cancel a cruise at any time and for any reason whatsoever. The itinerary is also always subject to change. In the rare event that the cruise line is forced to cancel the cruise, all guests will receive full refunds.
Can I book last minute?
We recommend booking as early as possible to get the best price and ensure you get a spot on the cruise. There is a huge demand for our Spring Break Cruise and it WILL sell out. If a category is shown as sold out – it is sold out. Secure your spot and low price with a small deposit: Book Easily Online
What should I pack?
Bathing suit and sunscreen are obvious – Here’s a few recommendations:
- Pack everything you need for the first day in a small carry-on bag (change of clothes, bathing suit, sandals, toiletries, medicine, etc…). You might not get your checked bag until 7:00 PM on the first day.
- Pack a couple of casual outfits (don’t forget shoes) for dinner, the nightclub and other venues.
- Pack a formal outfit for the formal night (2nd night).
- Don’t forget your sandals and a cover-up/t-shirt.
- Bring a small beach bag for when we get off the ship.
- Bring some cash for when we’re off the ship in Nassau (US Dollars are used – no need to exchange currency).
- Bring some sneakers if you want to go to the gym, rock-climbing, etc…
- Passport, ID, travel documents.
- Leave your alcohol (liquor) at home. They will check your luggage and will confiscate any liquor they see.
- Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only in their carry-on luggage on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom.
If you forget anything, there are shops on-board.
What is travel insurance? Do I need it?
We strongly recommend the purchase of Travel Guard travel insurance! The cruise cancellation fees and penalties will NOT be waived by Royal Caribbean even in the worst possible scenarios like being in the hospital or having a death in the family. Travel insurance protects your vacation investment should you need to cancel your trip due to an unforeseen accident or illness to you, your traveling companion or a family member. Travel insurance will also provide you with Emergency Medical Protection, Baggage Protection, Travel Accident Protection and Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance available 24/7 during your trip. All guests will be offered travel insurance when they book – we’ve made is as easy as possible to protect yourself. The cost of travel insurance is non-refundable. Travel Insurance is very affordable:
- Prices vary, but average around $45 for per person
TRAVEL PROTECTION FOR VACATIONS ADVANTAGES:
- Coverage if you have to cancel or interrupt a trip for a variety of reasons
- Coverage for medical emergencies and emergency medical transportation
- Coverage for lost, damaged or delayed baggage
- 24/7 assistance through a Global Assistance hotline.
- Coverage for existing medical conditions when purchased prior to making your final trip payment
For exact policy details: Travel Guard Gold Protection Plan
Can the cruise line accommodate passengers with special needs (allergy, dietary, mobility, or any other special assistance needs)?
Royal Caribbean aims to provide a safe and accessible cruise experience for all guests with special requirements to the extent that is feasible. This includes:
- Guests with mobility impairments
- Guests who are deaf or have low hearing
- Guests who are blind or have low vision
- Special dietary needs (Gluten free, vegetarian, low sodium, kosher, etc…)
- Other needs or challenges
Once you receive a Royal Caribbean reservation number, please fill out Royal Caribbean’s Special Needs Form or you may also send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org; please include in the e-mail the guests’ names, booking number, ship name and sail date
What information will I need to book a cruise?
In order to reserve a cabin please have the following information available for each passenger in your cabin:
- Full LEGAL Names
- Dates of Birth
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Billing Addresses (for all passengers if splitting payments)
- Credit Card information (for all passengers if splitting payments)
How do I book the cruise?
We have made it very easy to book your cabin. Please follow the Book Online link throughout our page to begin a reservation. You will need the information above for each passenger in your cabin. We have created walk-through (with screenshots) to walk you through the booking steps, please see: HOW TO BOOK
Can we split the payment?
Payment for your cabin can be split evenly between each guest. Our booking system will ask whether one person will be in charge of payment or if you will be splitting it evenly between each guest. Once the main (lead) guest reserves the cabin, an email will be sent to each guest so that they can log in (or create an account) and submit their payment for their financial responsibility of the cabin. All guests must be paid within 24 hours to confirm the booking.
How does the deposit and final payment work?
We require a deposit for each cruise booking to reserve your cabin space and price. Deposit amounts are $125 per person. We also have monthly payment plans available. Full payment is due 90 days prior to the sailing date; any remaining balances on this date will be automatically charged to the credit card used originally for payment. Payments can be made by Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. If you book within 90 days of sailing, full payment is required at the time of reservation. You can also split the payment between cards during the booking process. Please see your payment options HERE
How can I make a payment or update my credit card information for my future payments?
Every passenger has their own account for their reservation. If financial responsibility was split, each passenger would have to log in to their own account to make payments towards their portion. You may make payments towards your reservation by logging in to your own account and selecting “Make Payment” under your reservation. You may update the credit card on your profile for any future payments by selecting Add/Update Credit Card at the bottom of the “Your Account” page. Please login HERE
Does booking through College Party Cruise cost more than booking through the cruise-line?
No! Because we buy in bulk and receive group rates from the cruise line, in most cases, if you book early, our promotional pricing will be lower than if you were to book directly through the cruise-line… When our group pricing sells out or expires, our prices will be exactly the same as the cruise-line, except that by booking through CPC you will be part of the Spring Break group, you’ll be able to participate in our private events on the ship (only open to CPC members), and you’ll receive our CPC Wristband and tank top. Regular cruise-line guests will not be able to participate or enter our events.
Are Shore Excursions available?
For a list of excursions available, please see:
You can purchase shore excursions once you receive a Royal Caribbean Reservation # from us. Once booked, follow these simple steps: 1. Go here: MY CRUISE PLANNER
2. Enter your LAST NAME and your ROYAL CARIBBEAN RESERVATION # which can be found in your email confirmation from us.
3. Enter your departure date and select ‘Mariner of the Seas’ as the ship, then press ‘Submit.‘
4. Make your purchase online following the prompts
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
Please see our cancellation/changes page for details: http://www.collegepartycruise.com/cancellations. Any applicable refunds will be processed directly to the original credit card(s) used for payment (minus any applicable penalties/fees). We have 2 different sailings, so the cancellation penalty schedule dates vary. Please refer to your confirmation email for penalties pertaining to your specific sailing. All reservation changes or cancellations must be requested by the Main Guest (guest that created the reservation) by emailing email@example.com. Change requests made by phone, webchat, or requests by proxy (another person, even if they paid) will not be accepted.
When will I receive my cruise documents?
All passengers MUST check-in online before you can print your boarding passes. Please check-in online using your Royal Caribbean Reservation # here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin
On Board and General Cruise Questions
How do I find the onboard events?
You will get a daily newlestter/detailed activity guide (Cruise Compass) every night highlighting all the onboard events for the next day. We will also keep you posted on any College Party Cruise events before the sailing.
How do I pay for on board expenses?
A cashless system is used on board that allows you to use your room key to sign for all of your onboard purchases (with the exception of the casino). During the online check-in (or at the port), you will need to enter in a credit card that will be used for payment of all these charges at the end of the cruise. You may also use your debit card, but we recommend against it since the cruise-line will obtain a pre-authorization which some banks may hold for up to 30 days. Your room key will act as your ID (proof of age), stateroom key, and charge card onboard the ship.
Can I bring alcohol or other drinks on the ship?
From Royal Caribbean: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.
Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only in their carry-on luggage on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them. Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.
Guests are allowed to bring two additional 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, for each individual sailing, when sailing on consecutive cruises. Additional bottles beyond two, will be stored by the ship and delivered, two bottles at a time, to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing four bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for both sailings available to share with security.
What are the tipping guidelines?
The cruise line will charge an automatic $14.50 per night/per person ($58 total per person) to cover your waiter, assistant waiter, head waiter, room steward, etc. A 18% gratuity is automatically added to Spa & Salon services. A 18% gratuity is also automatically added to bar service beverages, mini bar items.
Do many passengers get seasick?
No, most passengers do not experience motion sickness on today’s modern cruise ships because of their large size, stabilizing devices and advance weather notification systems. If you feel you might be prone to motion sickness, there are a number of medications available in your local pharmacy as well as on-board the ship; we can also book you a room in the lower decks, mid ship which might help slightly.
Can I stay in touch with the outside? Is there Wi-Fi?
Yes. But why would you want to? It’s Spring Break and you’re on a cruise with only a few days to party and meet new people with no worries whatsoever. But if you insist on staying connected… Most cruise cabins are equipped with a telephone that offer direct dialing (ship to shore) for a charge. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the ship.
Royal Caribbean offers unlimited plans that can be purchased onboard the ship or pre-purchased prior to the cruise. VOOM is the name of Royal’s high speed internet service, the fastest internet at sea.
Royal Caribbean’s Voom internet access pricing (may vary):
Surf & Stream Voom
1 device: $19.99 per day, per device
2 devices: $18.99 per day, per device
4 devices: $16.99 per day, per device
Single Day Pass: $29.99 per day, per device
1 device: $15.99 per day, per device
2 devices: $14.99 per day, per device
4 devices: $12.99 per day, per device
Single Day Pass: $22.99 per day, per device
College Party Cruise Disclaimer of Liability
College Party Cruise is a travel company acting as an intermediary or agent for suppliers, such as air carriers, cruise lines, hotels, tour operators, ground transportation companies, and other independent firms. College Party Cruise does not own or operate any of these firms; therefore, shall not be responsible for breach of contract or any intentional or careless actions or omissions on part of such suppliers or cruise directors, which result in any loss, damage, delay or injury to you or your travel companions or group members. In addition, College Party Cruise cannot guarantee acceptable performance by any of these firms, and each participant agrees not to hold College Party Cruise liable for the quality of services and the condition or cleanliness of the accommodations. Your retention of tickets, reservations or bookings after issuance shall constitute a consent of the above, and an agreement on your part to convey the contents here to your travel companions or group members. College Party Cruise herein gives notice that we cannot be responsible for any disruption of travel and/or unrest, labor problems, mechanical or construction difficulties, climatic aberrations, acts of God, war, diseases, or any other circumstances beyond its control. There are good travel insurance plans available for passengers to protect themselves. We are not responsible for the neglect or omission of suppliers or carriers, so we strongly recommend travel insurance. College Party Cruise reserves the right to refuse service to any individual for any reason.