What time do I need to be on the ship?
Do not miss the ship! The check-in window at PortMiami is from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM EST. Royal Caribbean requires all guests to be checked-in and be onboard the ship no later than 3:00 PM EST (90 minutes prior to the published sailing time of 4:30pm) or they will not be permitted to sail.
Please remember to complete your Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to your cruise.
PORT of miami INFORMATION
Port of Miami – Terminal A
1015 N. America Way
Miami, FL 33132
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Approximately 10 miles (15-30 minutes) from the Port of Miami
- Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL)
- Approximately 29 miles minutes (30-60 minutes) from the Port of Miami
Don’t miss the boat! We recommend that you plan ahead to be at the port by noon. If you arrive at the port after 3:00 PM you will not make it on the cruise (and there are no refunds!).
You have two choices for parking:
- Park at Port Canaveral: Convenient / Higher Prices – Pricing is $28 per night – Safe, convenient, and you can walk right up to the ship. Rates are subject to change.
- “Park and Cruise” Company: Lower prices – Approximately $15 per night – These companies are close to the port and will shuttle you to and from the port. We are not affiliated with any 3rd party companies, but you may Google search for “Port of Miami cruise parking” to find some options.
Port of Miami
FLIGHTS & TRANSFERS
Flight Arrivals (Before the Cruise):
If you are booking a flight to and from Miami we suggest that you consider arriving a day or two earlier so that you can take advantage of the local attractions in South Florida. This also helps to avoid potential flight cancellation or delays, baggage collection and transfer problems that could occur if you fly on the day of sailing.
If you are flying in the day of the cruise (Monday), we recommend that you book a flight that arrives at Miami International Airport no later than 10:30am.
All passengers must be checked-in and on the ship by 3:00 PM. No exceptions will be made and there are no refunds for those that are late and miss the cruise.
Flight Departures (After the Cruise):
Return flights should be arranged to leave Miami or Fort Lauderdale after 12:00 PM. Although the ship will arrive back in Miami around 6:00 AM, the ship must be cleared by US Customs first, and the debarkation and custom’s process might take some time. The earliest you can be off the ship is around 7:00 AM. All guests must be off the ship by 9:00 AM.
Transportation from the Airport to the Cruise Port:
Please make sure you are at the port in time when arranging transportation from the airport to the cruise port.
You have several choices, please see below:
1. Taxi service (or Uber, Lyft, etc…):
- Miami International Airport:
- Approximately $20 each way (Uber/Lyft) and $27 each way (Taxi)
- 10 Miles / 15-30 minutes to the Port of Miami depending on traffic.
- Fort Lauderdale International Airport:
- Approximately $40 each way (Uber/Lyft) and $70 each way (Taxi)
- 29 miles / 30-60 minutes to the Port of Miami depending on traffic.
We recommend a Taxi, Uber or Lyft as these are the cheapest, fastest, and most convenient transportation options to get to the port. Shuttles are usually more expensive if traveling with friends (priced per person) and slower as you have to make several stops at the different terminals.
2. Shuttle Service Companies:
HOTELS NEAR THE PORT MIAMI
We recommend that you consider coming in a day early before the cruise or staying one or two days after the cruise to experience all that Miami has to offer. Arriving a day early also helps reduce the chance of missing the ship due to unexpected flight delays or cancellations.
There are many hotels near the port (Downtown Miami area) including:
What to Pack
Bathing suit and sunscreen are obvious – Here’s a few recommendations:
- Pack everything you need for the first day in a small carry-on bag and bring it on with you (cruise documents, passport/ID/birth certificate, bathing suit, sandals, toiletries, medicine, etc…). You might not get your checked bag until 7:00 PM on the first day.
- Passport, ID, travel documents. DO NOT PACK YOUR PASSPORT/PHOTO ID/BIRTH CERTIFICATE/CRUISE DOCUMENTS IN YOUR CHECKED LUGGAGE. Keep these on you at all times until you are on board the ship.
- Pack a couple of casual outfits (don’t forget shoes) for dinner, the nightclub and other venues.
- Pack a semi-formal outfit for the “Wear Your Best” night.
- Don’t forget your sandals and a cover-up/t-shirt.
- Bring a small beach bag for when we get off the ship (or get yourself a CPC Merch Pack).
- Bring some cash for when we’re off the ship in Nassau (US Dollars are used – no need to exchange currency).
- Bring some sneakers if you want to go to the gym, rock-climbing, etc…
- Leave your alcohol (beer/liquor) at home. They will check your luggage and will confiscate any liquor they see.
- Each guest of drinking age may bring one (1) sealed 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne only in their carry-on luggage on boarding day.
If you forget anything, there are shops on-board.