Before You BoardImportant information to know regarding flights, parking, port information, what to pack and more...
What time do I need to be on the ship?
Do not miss the ship! The check-in window at the Port of Miami is from 11:00AM to 2:00PM EST
All guests must be checked-in and be onboard the ship no later than 2:00 PM EST (two hours prior to the departure time) or they will not be permitted to sail.
Please remember to complete your Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to their cruise.
Flights & Transfers
We recommend that you arrive at Miami International Airport (MIA) or Ft Lauderdale Airport (FLL) no later than 10:30 AM on the day of sailing. Boarding time is between 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM. If you arrive at the port after 2:00 PM you will risk not making it on the cruise. All passengers must be checked-in and on the ship by 2:00 PM.
Return flights should be arranged to leave Miami International Airport (MIA) or Ft Lauderdale Airport (FLL) after 12:30 PM. Although we will be back in Miami around 7:00 AM, the debarkation and custom’s process might take some time.
Transportation from the Airport to the Cruise Port:
Please make sure you are at the port in time when arranging transportation from MIA or FLL to the Port of Miami.
You have several choices, please see below:
1. Taxi service (or Uber, Lyft, etc…):
Miami International Airport: Approximately $20 each way.
Ft. Lauderdale Airport: Approximately $50 each way. (Rates subject to change)
We recommend Ube or Lyft as these are the cheapest, fastest, and most convenient transportation option to get to the port.
2. Shuttle Service Companies:
Travel Time To/From Airports:
Miami International Airport: 10 miles, approximately 20 minutes.
Ft. Lauderdale Airport: 25 miles, approximately 45 minutes (Travel times depending on traffic conditions)
Hotels in Miami
We recommend that you consider coming in a day early before the cruise or staying one or two days after the cruise to experience all that Miami has to offer. Arriving a day early also helps reduce the chance of missing the ship due to unexpected flight delays or cancellations.
There are many hotels near the port (Downtown Miami area) including:
Driving and Parking
Are you planning on driving down to Miami? Good choice! Please read!
Don’t miss the boat! We recommend that you plan ahead to be at the port by noon. If you arrive at the port after 2:00 PM you will not make it on the cruise (and there are no refunds!).
You have two choices for parking:
Port of Miami: Convenient / Higher Prices – Pricing is $20 per night ($80) – Safe, convenient, and you can walk right up to the ship.
“Park and Cruise” Company: Lower prices – Approximately $10 per night – These companies are close to the port and will shuttle you to and from the port. We are not affiliated with any 3rd party companies, but you may Google search for “Port of Miami cruise parking” to find some options.
Port of Miami Information
Port of Miami
Port of Miami – Dodge Island
1015 N. America Way
Miami, FL 33132
DISTANCE FROM PORT OF MIAMI TO:
MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT: 9 miles (20 minutes)
FT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT: 25 miles (45 minutes)
For Parking information at the port, please visit their website:
What to Pack
Bathing suit and sunscreen are obvious – Here’s a few recommendations:
- Pack everything you need for the first day in a small carry-on bag (change of clothes, bathing suit, sandals, toiletries, medicine, etc…). You might not get your checked bag until 7:00 PM on the first day.
- Pack a couple of casual outfits (don’t forget shoes) for dinner, the nightclub and other venues.
- Pack a formal outfit for the formal night (2nd night).
- Don’t forget your sandals and a cover-up/t-shirt.
- Bring a small beach bag for when we get off the ship.
- Bring some cash for when we’re off the ship in Nassau (US Dollars are used – no need to exchange currency).
- Bring some sneakers if you want to go to the gym, rock-climbing, etc…
- Passport, ID, travel documents.
- Leave your alcohol (liquor) at home. They will check your luggage and will confiscate any liquor they see.
- Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only in their carry-on luggage on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom.
If you forget anything, there are shops on-board.